Monday 10 March 2014

ASOS - Designing the look book

ASOS - LOOK BOOK

For the concept for my d&ad brief for the submission we are aloud to submit up to 8 images i have decided to present my work in the form of a magazine which i will photograph and submit them images.

To begin designing the look book i first drew up some initial layout ideas before i began making my work digital.



Firstly Carmel a (Fashion student) who has being helping me through this brief has recently being taking images of some other students so we felt it would also work perfect for the front cover of our magazine.She sent me a initial concept for the front cover and i slightly altered it. I felt it looked better without any patterns taking the focus off the title and the model.




FIRST DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD:

CONTENTS-

For the contents page i decided to have a mission statement about the new Asos Revive app. Carmel wrote the mission statement. We spoke about how we would have a statement to represent the new theme whilst still keeping the Asos ethos. I decided to position the statement on the left hand side of the double page spread. 

I first experimented with using a typeface used on the packaging for Asos. After some experimentation i felt it wasn't working so i changed it to a san serif type.



For the other side of the page i next decided to use the geometric patten along the top and bottom.I also used a playful typeface for 'In this issue' i had seen a similar typeface used on some of the Asos magazines spreads so felt it would be appropriate.
I finally moved the Asos text on the left hand page to the centre and placed the Asos logo over the top.

INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE-

For the double page spread i next placed the information about the new app and the title in bold in a square box.

I placed the iPhone with Asos revive in the centre on the opposite page.
I finished the double page spread with the custom pattern along the left hand side.

REVIVE PROFILE-

For the double page spread with ASOS Revive profile. I used the same typeface used on the contents page. This helped break up the page slightly so each page had more variety. 
I used an image of the Asos instragram and put it into a circle on the opposite page as the text spoke about you uploading your own daily style i felt that image would be appropriate. 

I placed the geometric pattern at the top of this page.

 REFINE FASHION SEARCH-

For the refine your fashion search page all the 3 iPhones had the similar content on just different illustrations so i felt it appropriate to keep the consistency and kept all the iPhones the same size.

I placed on iPhone with text on one page and the other two on the opposite page. Keeping negative space so that there was focus on the content.
I used bold text and a square to fill a double page as i had a modelling image on the opposite page which was full bleed i didn't want to much going on. (This page was simply designed so i had enough pages for the publication and wasnt used for my submission boards for the d&ad submission.)
 LOCATION PAGE-

Location page was kept simple with the iPhone (using the location mockup) and information about that specific part of the App on the opposite page.
I used a bold box to fill some of the negative space on the opposite page the same style box used previously in the look book to keep the consistency.

YOUR OWN DAILY EDIT-

For the last double spread was to explain the daily edit and how it works. On the let hand side spread i used black boxes to put behind the white text. I then put clothes found from the Asos instrgram and used a clipping mask to make them into a circle shape.
On the opposite page is the information about what the daily edit is and a mockup of the daily edit featured on an iPhone.
I lastly used a Sea folly swim wear advertisement on the back off the magazine this advertisement is also used in the Asos magazine issues.

I am really pleased with my Look book it took longer than expected as i needed to be careful what i placed where and make sure there was enough information but not overloaded with text. My next step is to carry on designing the app to bring the brief together.



No comments:

Post a Comment