Sunday 30 March 2014

Tiger Print Brief - Evaluation

TIGER PRINT SUBMISSION/EVALUATION

'I have produced five designs that reflect a floral and geometric theme I have been inspired by current trends on the M&S website. I have used geometric design in my work for a more contemporary take on traditional surface patterns.'

My submission-


 My work featured on the website-


EVALUATION

The tiger print pattern brief requires you to design up to five different pattern designs the were aloud to be any type of repeat pattern or placement print. When i first found this brief i was really pleased i love pattern design and using monochrome themes so i re-wrote the brief straight away and began experimenting.

I designed 3 floral patterns and 2 more structured geometric patterns. Although i did floral designs they still have a geometric structure. I really enjoyed doing this brief as i needed a bit of inspiration i began researching into current trends product and packaging they uses pattern design i came across a lot of real well branded collateral i made a blog post to document what i found and why i liked it.

I didn't really have any problems throughout this brief as i had a lot of work going on at the same time i did execute this brief fairly quickly but i am still really pleased with my outcomes. I think geometric design and pattern making is a strength of mine and this was the perfect brief for me to widen my style of briefs throughout responsive as some of my other briefs have just been branding it was nice to just do a brief souly on pattern design.

I  feel doing this brief has given me the ability to make quick decisions and suitable variations when producing repeat patterns. One of the most positive things i gained from this brief was finding about the company ‘Tiger Print’ they have many briefs that run all the time so i would like to make  a point of entering them even when responsive submission is over so i have more experience in entering a wide variety of different briefs.

This has been one of my favorite briefs and im really pleased i entered it and that my work was displayed on there website.

















No comments:

Post a Comment