Tuesday 4 March 2014

Task 4 - Welding Company

SPARKS & SON'S - WELDING COMPANY

I was in a group with Issy & Charlie.

We first began by making a mind map of all the things we first thought of when it came to welding. It wasn't the most exciting job role so we tried to find the best possible way of creating a professional aesthetically pleasing company. We decided to base our trade on furniture welding and be a bespoke shop in york.

 We decided on the name sparks & sons after i suggested i think of sparks when i first think of welding. Based on our name we agreed our bespoke shop would be a family company.

I decided to use 'Dragon Is Coming' typeface as it was quite italic and more traditional. To make the company ethos appear it had been open for a while we decided as a group to have 'EST' featured as part of our logo.

Variations-

COLOUR CHOICES-

Variations:













As part of my job role within the group work i was in charge of the website: ( Issys & Charlies Roles were to produce invoice and advertising.

WEBSITE:

I kept with the same colour choices adding in an off white colour so the content was legible on the web page.
I decided to make the web page simplistic and feature our logo in the top middle of the page.


Using a line and to contact options at the bottom to break the page up.

 I added three images to the centre of the page:
 I added three small circles underneath the images to give an impression of the scrolling affect available on most apps.



Presentation - 













Branding guidelines -
I really enjoyed working with Issy & Charlie the group work was effortless and enjoyable we worked really well as a group of three and everyone contributed equally. I feel as though the presentation could have went slightly better but i think if we had rehearsed once over would of helped us when we were going to present. I was pleased with what we had designed and it was interesting and something new to work with people i havent in the past. Working with new people helps me to prepare for the industry as everyone has different skills and talents and they work in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment