Wednesday 19 March 2014

Studio brief 2 - Writing our own brief session

Studio brief 2 - WRITING OUR OWN BRIEF

In the session we were given large pieces of paper and began writing down 10 things we first thought of when we thought of our research topic.


  • Maths
  • Symmetry
  • Grids
  • Design
  • Blue print
  • Shapes
  • Geometric
  • Graphs
  • Organised
  • The golden section
I next wrote down what processes i wanted to try : 
  • Screen printing 
  • Different binding and printing methods
  • Spot Varnish 
  • Laser Cut - I have tried this method lots throughout the last module i achieved really good results so i would like to use it again.




Products we want to produce:

  • Promotional
  • Pack & Letter head
  • Crafted invitation
  • Packaging - mock ups I've never used
  • Signage 
  • Mail shot
  • Information Way-finding

For this section we made a list about the audience and what we didn't already know about them?

Audience:
  • What they do for a living?
  • Gender
  • Interests
  • Hobbies
  • Interested in high end events
I found this section particularly useful as we mentioned in the session depending on where they work would effect how they commute meaning they would see different styles of advertising. I will research into this so i can produce the most effective mock ups for my branding & information way finding.

All these lists and information wrote down today has broken our concept & research down completely so we can now write an effective brief for studio brief 2. I found this session really helpful it made me consider things i wouldn't of before and will help make my brief as detailed as possible.

My Written Brief :


No comments:

Post a Comment