Tuesday 18 March 2014

Publication - Final Crit

PUBLICATION - FINAL CRIT

For the publication crit i had half of my double page spreads and a idea for my cover to present to my group to receive feedback. I would like to be initially further on with the brief at this time but i know what i need to do to achieve the highest outcome.

For the crit we first were put into groups and went around the table presenting our work. We asked three questions each.

My questions : 
  • What stock should i use?
Something white and sturdy need to consider what stock i use as i don't want it to conflict with the tru grain to much.
  • Use a grid on the tru grain or put my design on to it?
Definitely print designs onto the tru grain as when printing with the grid it might look to much.
  • What colours & stock do you think would be most appropriate?
Colours for the designs keep the white aesthetic - Experiment 

Speaking about the next steps for the studio brief 2 - 
  • I originally wanted to produce my own branding and design my own patterns
-We next went around the table and spoke about what we had considered for the next brief.

I spoke about how i wanted to brand my self as a pattern designer but it was suggested to me to focus on the branding rather than the actual patterns as that was more relevant.

-We next worked our way around the table filling out a peer feedback sheet for each other.

My feedback

STRENGTHS:
  • Good concept
  • A4 paper size
  • An interactive concept which is appropriate 
  • Strong constancy through out the design
  • Good body copy pt size.

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT:
  • Consider stock 
  • I'd keep the stock choice simple ? antique white?

CONSIDERATIONS:
  • Have the spirographs in colour they work best
  • Publication in black and white and serigraphs in colour would work well.
  • Exhibition ( studiobrief2) Pattern showcase other peoples work. Do my own branding for it & Merchandise
  • If you want really bright colour screen ring may work well. ( you might only want to do this on a few pages)
  • Laser cut patterns?
  • If you are using quotes maybe write the source where the quote came from or remove '.'

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: 

Maybe make a custom page size.

How useful this crit was ?

I found this crit really helpful it helped people to see where i was and give me feedback in relation to my project management content and designs. It also really helped me clear up any worrys about studio brief 2.

Next steps: 
  • Finish publication off
  • Choose stock ( experiment with stock)
  • Research text book cover design
  • Don't forget to consider the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment