Wednesday 19 March 2014

Asos - Submission / Evaluation

MY ASOS SUBMISSION ON THE D&AD WEBSITE




EVALUATION

The Asos brief has been my favorite brief throughout the module i put a lot of time and effort into this brief. I received help from a fashion student to gain an insight from someone who specialize in fashion as the Asos is a Online fashion store. Carmels input was mainly giving me fashion photography images and illustrations of clothes the illustrations were used for a specific part of my App.

When first coming up with a concept i changed it slightly throughout changing it from a Online virtual changing room to a more personal Asos profile. The concept behind the profile gives you the option to follow friends share your fashion finds i felt this concept would inspire individuals to become fashion bloggers. The audience which 20’ somethings are constantly on there devices so i needed to come up with a way that would encourage people to share there street style so the audience is more involved with the Asos brand. 

The ethos of Asos is a friendly and genuine i tried to best display this throughout my App making sure it was user friendly and fits the aesthetics of the already existing brand and company. I designed a App which would feature many different options for the user such as locations & daily edits these options allow you to upload your own fashion for users to see and the option for them to purchase them linking to the Asos brand. I also produced a magazine to showcase my App and describe how it worked.

Difficulty’s i found throughout the brief was i took to much work on the App or 8 images was a only mandatory deliverable yet i felt it would be appropriate to find an interesting way to showcase my work that also tied in with the company as they already have an Asos magazine. I found this the best way to combine the printed material with the digital platform as they are the main points of the Asos brand. Another difficulty would be the fact i didn’t double check the branding guidelines and designed my magazine with a sentence missing off the Asos logo that was required for submission. Luckily when photographing my magazine i was able to edit the relevant pictures and changed the logo. At that point i was still designing the App so i just slightly changed it before production.

I enjoyed working with the fashion student Carmel although we only met up once or twice just to receive images and any idea she had towards how i was designing it. She was really helpful and told me what she liked or what she didn’t It took me a lot longer to design the App than i thought it would but i wanted to make it the same as similar fashion Apps as that was the best point of resource as they were already existing. I create little icons for the menu along the bottom of the App. I also made the aesthetics of the app feature 50% opacity images which reflect already existing Apps.

A strength of mine throughout the brief was managing to design an App to a high standard at a quick pace. Although it did take a while to do it i felt like it got through it as quickly as possible. At the point of the D&AD submission i uploaded supporting boards mood boards showing my research and my mocked up work of the digital platform. I also uploaded a minute long video of the proposed App being used on a smart phone. I was really lucky to have met up with a friend who can mock up IPhone Apps he also helped me film it and I’m so pleased with my outcome it took a long time to finish everything as a brief but I’m really proud of my self for producing the proposed App at such a high standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment