Tuesday 18 March 2014

Sign up - Tutor Crit 18/3

SIGN UP TUTOR CRIT

After the publication final crit there was a chance to sign up to chat to either Lorraine or Phil about any concerns we had or just a general chat about where we were with our work at the moment. 

I spoke to Lorraine and i wanted to chat about my publication and what she thought about what i had at this moment in time. I was concerned about stock and also about my subject chosen. I felt although my topic wasn't very interesting and if it wasn't going to look as interesting or exciting as some other peoples chosen topics.

Lorraine advised me that what i had picked was very interesting as I'm talking about different categories within geometry and she also mentioned how i could also have it featuring little examples of how to make eg. patterns , fractals and so on. This made me feel a lot better as i want my publication to be of a high standard and have a nice concept behind it.

I mentioned a few topics within my publication and things i had feedback in from crit and me and Lorraine spoke about them and i made a few bullet points.
  • Use white stock (Mathematics theme)
  • Coloured designs
  • Have a look at 'text book' design style keep that aesthetic
  • Body copy typeface works really well.
Next  mentioned to Lorraine about the next stage of the module ( studio brief 2 ). Lorraine suggested how it would be beneficial for me to do the information and way finding and consider branding or vice versa. I decided i will do both so i can really get the most of this module as possible & i definitely want to try information and way finding as i havent yet.

What i will do next -
  • Research text book design for cover aesthetics
  • Look into colour i will use
  • Research information and way finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment