Tuesday 14 January 2014

Helpful Shortcuts i have learnt - OUGD504

SHORTCUTS

Throughout this module i have found lots of different tools that have helped me a lot when designing and when doing my work here are some of the most beneficial ...
  • CSS sprite
I used this specific code to help me make my roll over images one. image instead of two i found a realy helpful website that talked you through it step by step.

a.imagesprite {
display: block;
width: 125px;
height: 60px;
background: url(location-of-your-image.jpg) no-repeat 0 0;
overflow: hidden;
text-indent: -15000px;
font-size: 0px;
line-height: 0px;
}

a:hover.imagesprite {
background-position: 0 -60px;
}

a:active.imagesprite {
background-position: 0 -120px;
}
  • Vinyl sticker
Learning how to use a vinyl stickers has been extremely helpful not so much how to actually make them but how to stick them down neatly and in a straight line. I did this by cutting a section of vinyl and sticking masking tape over i then peeled off the access and rubbed the masking tape where i wanted it and when peeling the masking tape off my vinyl was then in a straight line all equally spaced its a really affective way and will definitely use it in the future.

  • Laser cutter - re cut
When using the laser cutter i found a way then when i wanted to repeat the same action i had done i could press enter under material twice and press recut to get the exact same job twice in a row. This was really affective when i was engraving some wood and needed the engrave to be deeper, You can repeat this process till you get the look you need to achieve.

  • Illustrator - paste in place
I think i have learnt to make my work more accurate over this module and knowing when i have something on one document and want to have it on the same place on a similar document i just have to click on the document and go to edit>paste in place this makes sure everything is equal and all my documents are the same its good to keep a consistency it makes your work produced at a higher standard.



  • Photoshop I - eye drop tool & G fill colours.
When i was using photoshop to create my roll over images some of the images were smaller than i required so i filled in the top space and the bottom space with the same colour as the background image. I pressed 'I' to get the eye drop tool selected the colour i needed i then pressed g which filled colour into the spaces i need this was really affective and quick and you couldn't tell that the image was smaller to begin with because the outside colour was exactly the same as the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment