Wednesday 15 January 2014

Evaluation - OUGD504

EVALUATION

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have definitely developed I wide range and understanding of different print processes. Being able to recognise what works and what doesn’t. OUGD504 has been more of a creative challenge for me as I have tried lots of different methods that have been unsuccessful as well as successful this has helped to develop my skills further to make the right design decisions. I think I applied my skills well definitely towards the end of print, once I had tried all these specific processes. I have also developed skills in Dreamweaver being able to try different methods of code to achieve the layouts and styling I needed. Further more in studio brief 3 I developed skills of distribution being able to apply my designs across many platforms.


 What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

In print methods I used for my work were laser cut, foiling and using vinyl. I think using the laser cutter has definitely informed my design development process a lot because I tried so many different methods and I really enjoyed using the machine. In practicing these processes I found the best possible methods and outcomes for my test pieces and my final pieces.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think I strength of mine would be concept for this module I feel as though for all 3 briefs I had a strong concept which was led from a lot of brainstorming and initial sketches and ideas. Through these thought processes I didn’t stop at one idea I kept branching.
I also feel that I took on a lot of creative challenges and didn’t put them as side when I felt they wouldn’t work I stuck with them and I am really happy with my final pieces. I will defiantly continue in further briefs to branch out with initial ideas because that’s where the best concepts come from.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

A weakness of mine throughout this module would be doubting some of my work until I had actually finished some of the pieces I was unsure if they were going to be sufficient enough or look exactly how I wanted them to. It’s not ideal to doubt your work because it left me feeling negative. To change this in the next module I will create a lot of mock-ups and prototype this will help me visualize the final pieces and give me more of a variation to my work.


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


  • Plan a little better so my time is used evenly between briefs. I expect better outcomes and to be less stressed.
  • Not doubt my work as much because it has an effect on my performance. Feel more comfortable with my design work and be happier with my outcomes.
  • Try more processes – I expect to have a high level of work and bigger variation of work.
  • Make sure I will do even more thumbnails and sketches than I have now. I expect this so show my full thought process so my concepts are accurate.
  • Try my work across more platforms and try different layouts to make my designs be responsive for all devices.




No comments:

Post a Comment