Friday 10 January 2014

The Body Shop Designs - ENDED BRIEF

BODY SHOP DESIGNS

I firstly chose the body shop brief as my main brief my first initial ideas were to began designing around the idea of positive quotes. Most makeup brands use high end models where the photographs have been edited. I decided to try and capture the ethos of the body shop by using natural beautiful models wearing little makeup and just head shots. I wanted to play on the fact of the body shops products are good for you and natural so using them will make you the best version of yourself. 

(Work designed before first crit )

I placed quotes over black and white images.


I mocked up different images on stock images to see how they would look and if they created high enough impact.
I preferred this style where the text is a bit darker and around the models face. 


At this stage i wasn't sure if using the models as my main concept to give the body shop a new visual language was strong enough so i decided to take a new approach and research into something slightly different with the a similar theme behind it.

(Worked designed for second crit)

The next topic i researched was the idea of mind body and soul and how i could use more powerful quotes to attract more body shop customers. The body shop uses natural products and organic so i felt that using a spiritual theme would appeal to The body shop demographic.


I used the same typeface the body shop use called 'colours of autumn' and experimented with different backgrounds to achieve a spiritual theme.






I decided i preferred just a simple text with the different colour choices for the main posters and mocked some up with stock images.



After the crit i decided i still wasn't happy with the theme of my design so i decided to look at other aesthetics rather than themes.

Final Variations - 

I looked at the way type could be placed in an effective way. How titles were placed and the impact they made.



I finally created some posters with some tag lines using the first letter of the product to create them.

eg. Body butter - Brilliant ,Bold & Beautiful. 

I chose to do this as i felt i would be a good representation of how the products would make you feel would.



I chose to use an off white colour for the backgrounds & i used different hues for the text of the certain shades which were on the packaging of the certain products.








At this point of the brief i decided i no longer wanted to design for it i felt it wasnt going anywhere and i had other briefs i wanted to focus on and spend more time on I'm happy with the stage i got to but felt i didn't want to waste any more time on it and chose not to develop it further.




No comments:

Post a Comment