Tuesday 28 January 2014

Secret 7 Evaluation

SECRET 7 EVALUATION

MY FINAL - 







EVALUATION-

For the secret 7 brief i drew my own interpretation of a bar that is sang about in the song i am really pleased with my final design it took me a while but i was happy with the outcome. I think i researched quite a lot of existing work and album artwork to try and find some inspiration.

Problems i faced with this brief would be getting an initial idea it took me a long time to finalise what i was going to do and make a solid decision. I felt i was researching for a while until i was happy with my concept.
In future i will perhaps sketch more intial ideas as i think i wil come up with an idea perhaps quicker than researching.  

It took me a while to draw the bar out as there was so many line and shapes involved but it was definatley worth while.I don't think it was well known thats what they were singing about in the bar which made me like the concept more i like that my design wasn't obvious and it was subtle i used black and an off white to represent a homily feel  i didn't want to just use black and white so i used the off white to make the sketched bar have more impact.  

A plus of entering the competition is that its a really good brief its so open for you to put your own spin or interpretation of a song which i think is important as a designer as you can find what your strengths are. Overall im really pleased with my design and i was lucky enough to have my design picked for the second year in a row and be featured on the secret 7 website and in the exhibition. 

This has been one of my favourite competion briefs although i am happy to get picked for the second time i can tell my level of work has improved from first year and want to push that even further.


No comments:

Post a Comment