Friday 24 January 2014

Responsive - Beauty By Faye re-brand , Evaluation

EVALUATION – BEAUTY BY FAYE

For this specific branding brief the client wanted me to design a number of collateral for her business she is recently moving into a shop and needed business cards, gift cards, a shop sign, posters and price lists designing. I felt this would be perfect for responsive as I would be getting more out of the brief than just simply designing a business card.

How I first went about the brief was making sure I had all the vital information from client I made sure I had all this by asking questions and filling out the appropriate fields in a blank brief document which I posted to my practice blog for reference. One I had all the information to begin designing I began to draw some mockups and thumbnails just to get idea of what I was going to produce I wanted do it on pencil before I made it digital.

Once I began making my work digital I decided I would make a page of variations for the client rather than just a few so she had more variety to pick from. I suggested the client use black and white (like they asked for) but with a small amount of mint blue as it works well with the black and white I showed the first lot of variations she happily picked one but I suggested I would make more variations she asked for a more italic typeface and then she was happy with one of the black and white business cards for the final piece. Once I had this specific style I just needed to apply it to other collateral adding in extra bits.

One of the gift cards my client liked had a geometric black and white pattern I felt it was a little to heavy for the business card as was more quirky than classy like the client had originally asked for so I suggested we use it for the gift card .The price list was very straight forward and I decided to make it a double sided flyer as this specific business is going to start more beauty treatments I will then make new flyers for the other treatments.

I think my strengths through this specific client brief would be able to produce multiple variations quickly to show the client what I was available to produce for her I also made it very clear she could tell me what she didn’t like and what she did so we could act on it and she wasn’t left with something she didn’t want. A possible weakness throughout this brief would be trying to suggest a different colour to the client that she didn’t really want because I would of saved some time designing them specific variations. I have learnt when designing for clients they don’t all do graphic design and if they want something a specific way you do have to do what they ask are your hired for that brief.

I really enjoyed doing this brief as I have never done the work for all of the business collateral before. I am really pleased the client was happy with the outcomes and I am glad I have had the experience doing this and I will know what to expect with future clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment