Saturday 11 January 2014

Loyalty Card Stamp- Laser cut

LOYALTY CARDS

For my loyalty cards i designed them with my restaurant branding in the bottom corner as my business cards feature the logo in the centre although i wanted to keep a consistency i wanted to have a difference tween the two types of cards.

On the reverse of my loyalty cards  i had 8 squares this is so the customer can receive a skull stamp when they come and gain rewards when the loyalty card is complete.
I had alredy printed a mockup of my loyalty card the size it would be so i measured the square which was 13 x13mm and made another square in illustrator of 10x10 then drop my skull into so i knew it was the appropriate size for the stamp.
I wanted to laser cut my stamp and make it in a little block shape so i could use it with black ink and then print my skull shape onto my loyalty card.

I got some wood cut offs and ran a few practices before having a completed stamp. I tried it smaller and a little larger but some of them were really thin.
Making the stroke off the skull slightly thicker really helped.
I managed to get it pretty detailed after i few attempts. 
I then got some help cutting it down and sanding it so i could use it as a stamp.
TESTING :

To test the stamp  i decided to use black ink. The tools i needed were the metal spatular , ink and a roller.


 Here are my two loyalty cards and a test trip off my stock to use as a practice run.
 I spreaded the ink evenly over the table i had to use some oil because the ink was really sticky.

At first it was a bit smudgy so i redid it then after a few more goes it became smudgy again i do think its because i laser cut onto wood instead of lino or another stock.


 I began making a few stamps onto my final loyalty cards i was really happy with them.
Although i should of tried a different stock i really liked the look of the wooden stamp and stamps at restaurants aren't always neat . It does the job on my loyalty cards so I'm glad i experimented to achieve this.

2 comments: