Friday 17 January 2014

Responsive Design - Beauty By Faye

RESPONSIVE DESIGN : BEAUTY BY FAYE

DESIGNING:

For the 'Beauty by Faye' Brief i had to do given by a client i began by drawing some initial sketches once i knew my focus and had all of the information for the cards i began designing.I decided to do a number of different variations so that my client had a wide range to choose from.

VARIATIONS 1:

For the first variations i chose i created a border shape to place the text into so it was still simple but not completely plain i didn't want there to be to much negative space. I experimented with three colours black and white like the client had asked for i also decided to add a mint colour to the business card.




Keeping the monochrome colour theme i next decided to add a pattern and place the text in a circle in and place it on top of the business card. I experimented with my 3 colours and created a few variations.





 I sent these finals to the client.

The client was really happy with the final business card variations but asked if she could have a more italic typeface for the name of the business. I decided to try some new typefaces and create more variations so the client was pleased with the outcome and had a lot to choose from.

VARIATIONS 2: 

I decided to carry on with the border theme but try the mint colour on the outside rather than just on the text. And also use the new typeface i had chosen as the client had requested.





I decided to try the business card without the border and have the text slightly more enlarged but add in two lines and a heart shape to break up the text.


The client loved this business card but would prefer everything on it to be simply white and loose the mint blue colour.



VARIATIONS 3:

Although the client picked a business card i decided to carry on making a few variations just incase there was anything else she might like or prefer.


Adding small infographics to the business cards - 




I mocked up the final business card design the client chose to show her what if looked like on a stock image.




BACK OF BUSINESS CARD:

I added the information she wanted with the same typeface for her name as the front of the business card.





Finals -



SHOP SIGN:

This is what the client will be using for her shop sign.




PRICE LIST :

For the price list i simply put the title of her shop and brow treatments underneath splitting it up like i split the business card up.


I added the brow info graphic to the price list and the title brow treatments.
Final-



GIFT CARD:

As the client liked the pattern i had used on some of the business cards i suggested we use it for the gift card. I simply added a black banner and wrote beauty by faye gift card on to it.
On the back i added simple text and lines so the customer could add there details.
Final -


POSTER:

I designed a poster for the inside of her shop with a beauty quote.Keeping the consistency using the same typeface as the business card , gift card and brow treatments price list.


Additionally i decided to make a poster that would feature the clients Facebook and Instagram this would also go inside of the shop -

I am really pleased with my final outcomes the client is happy and I've learnt a lot from working for client and I'm glad I've experienced it so i will be able to apply these skills to next briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment