Wednesday 30 April 2014

Studio Session 30/4

STUDIO SESSION 30/4

In todays session we looked over and addressed what we were struggling with , what we needed to find more information about & what we wanted to learn before finishing the 505 module and the year.

List of questions we are struggling with for 505-

  • How can i ensure thourough proof reading?
Lorraine suggested we get our work proof read by the minim of two people! As we look at our work we miss things after looking at them for so long.
  • Would creating branding guidelines be beneficial?
  • Is extensive experimentation required like design for print?
  • Is there any specific resources we could perhaps look at for 505?
  • I need to define my target audience how do i work it out?

Lorraine asked us to ask our self why we are asking theses questions.


We next made lists of the things we want to learn in the three weeks we have left-
  • Learn to use the laser cutter by myself.
  • Learn how to make more affective design boards.
  • Improve time management
  • Research and find better resources (websites)
We next looked at our briefs we had written up for the 505 studio brief 2. Looking at the considerations in relation to what we have wrote on the list of things we were struggling with.



I came up with a list of things i now want to make sure i do before the module has ended-
  • Get my work checked/proof read
  • Tighten up brief
  • Practice laser cutting
  • Book Vinyl cutter slot to experiment
  • Revise past design boards to see the strengths and weaknesses.

The final part of the sessions we went through our brief and highlighted the important words. We then highlighted the irrelevant words and considered how we could make our briefs more specific.


I noticed how i had wanted to know the answer to - 'Do we need to extensive experimentation?' & ' I want to learn how to use the laser cutter myself'. So i decided to make sure i put this forward with my brief i did this by altering my original mandatory requirements to what specific methods i would use. This also made me consider how i can further my experimentation by trying different methods that are appropaite.

I decided to finally re-write my brief again cutting out any irrelevant words and making it more specific and relevant for my design.


This session was really helpful i think its important to sit and write down what problems you are facing and take a step back to evaluate your current progress. Asking your self why your asking the question usually helps answering it. I feel better now i know what my next steps are and that my outcomes will be of a high standard due to my experimentation and appropriate goals and to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment