Friday 4 April 2014

Film poster submission & Evaluation

FILM POSTER SUBMISSION
Message with my submission:

Hello

I am a student from Leeds College of art submitting my movie poster for the film ‘About Schmidt - Jack Nicholson’. The reason behind my design was to capture the friendly nature of the film by using the colour blue. I found the film to be slightly sad at times so I felt the blue would also represent it well. A key part in the film is the main character Warren driving around in a RV to me this was the best representation of the film. I used the RV along with a playful typeface and clouds.


Thank you for this opportunity

Kind Regards

Victoria Redmond


Evaluation


The film i got given for studio brief 3 was 'About Schmidt  the tone of the film was playful yet slightly depressing. I found it difficult at first to find something that was a huge signifier in the film to focus my design on. Whilst watching the film i made a mind map so i could note down the main points in the film that were most noticeable. I decided to base my design around the RV that the Jack Nicholson drives around throughout the film. I really enjoyed the opportunity to do this week long brief as it was i haven't designed an alternative movie poster before. The existing alternative movie posters were really good to look at they helped influence my design.

As my design style is quite minimal and geometric i decided to create my own RV made out of shapes in illustrator i was really pleased with the outcome and spent some time perfecting it to the style i wanted. I chose the colours blue white and black to keep it simple having white as the stock. I will definitely do this brief again in the third year it was enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment