Saturday 26 April 2014

Laser Cut - Experimentation 2

LASER CUT -  EXPERIMENTATION 2

I paid for 6 pieces of a4 mdf and 1 a3.


I fit the title and several hexagons onto a large piece of MDF. I had a disaster when laser cutting after waiting 40 minutes for it to cut after taking it out it had only engraved and hadn't cut through the whole way.

I had to re try and cut it several times.


It did it again the second time. I had the setting on the machine at 6mm cut through on mdf. As it didn't work i next tried to cut it using the setting of 12mm mdf so the machine though the stock was thicker.

Finally it started to go through after a few mini tests.



I was having to poke through the letters to get them to come out of the wood. As a result i managed to snap some of the letters so had to repeat them letters through the laser cuter.


Final letters-

I next did all the individual signage for the artists it took around 20 minutes for each artist.



I spent over 5 hours laser cutting all my work out it was very tedious but i was really happy when it was all done and finished. Next time i would simply use a thinner mdf but for this specific brief i needed the wood to be thicker to stick on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment