Wednesday 2 April 2014

Laser Cutting Experimentation - Studiobrief 2.

LASER CUT EXPERIMENTATION 

Collateral to get laser cut (Test)

Titling which will be laser cut and i will use the wood that has been cut away to make a 3D Sign.
 Hexagon pattern - Laser cut test-
 POSTER-
 I Decided as there were 7 artists in my exhibition to have the 7 cut up into 7 different sections.
 Making outlines-



 TEST-


After testing the hexagon pattern first on paper i realised when having overlapping shapes this occurred..


So i changed my shapes to not overlap and tested in on MDF.

Next i tested my number 7.





I will spray paint the number and have it stuck on to mount bound 3d this would act as part of the visual identity for the exhibition.

I next tested my title ' The Print Festival ' on MDF.-






Before laser cutting the hexagon shapes i needed to ungroup them or they wouldn't work as they laser cut would simply cut through the shape leaving me with simply pieces.


I spray painted some of the test work pieces to stick to foam board for the crit. I was really pleased with my test pieces. It gave me an idea of what my final work will look like 3D. I decided not to use the number 7 cut out mdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment