Monday 23 December 2013

Studio Brief 3 - Designing & Production

DESIGN & PRODUCTION.

LOGO DESIGN:

I first began with this logo i had made a lot of sketches and thumbnails so it was just a case of getting them into illustrator so i could see what they looked like.

These A's are to represent Apex and a tapas stand.

I tried Mexican colours:

Although i felt they were a little pale and i didn't feel although they were working that well.



FURTHER DESIGN BRANDING:

After some research i decided i would try and get a flower shape to represent day of the dead and try and tie that in with my design to see what it looked like.

I went on youtube to find a tutorial to achieve the flower pattern that i wanted.


I tired different variations-

I prefer this one the most:
I began playing about with my restaurant name and putting flowers with the text.
The most obvious infographic i wanted to achieve was this skull so i put a flower in the eye instead of just a dot so i could achieve both of things i wanted in one vector.
Different variations:




Possible menu branding:


I added a bar in my letter A to create the tapas stand.



Through my research i found this Mexican image on designspriation and a felt it would be appropriate to mock up my logo inside of that as i was doing a Mexican restaurant that i would need a house shape with a point to really strengthen my concept of apex to go with the restaurant aesthetics.

I tired a different stroke to see what feel i would get.

I preferd the straight line i felt it was more geometric and was more appropriate for my design.


Variations:

I tried my letter in the yellow and i don't feel it works.
I like this variation but i think it could possibly be to dark. I used haymaker typeface which i had picked because of the mexican feel the typeface has with the points in the letters remind me of old western.
I came to this variation after deciding to just go with the black red and green I'm really pleased with this variation and will use this as my logo.
MENU 1

I applied Haymaker typeface to my first menu which consisted of cocktails and wines. I wanted to split my content up so i put a black line through in the center.


Next to keep with my colour scheme i added some green dots under the line this also adds to my sugar skull theme.

I added my logo into the top corner of the menu.


After finessing my menu i decided it might be more beneficial to my concept (apex - highest point) to try using triangles instead of circles. I then tried them up side down and in alternate order so some were up and some were down.
Final logo:
I changed the dots on my branding to triangles aswel:


Menu 2

Menu 2 had a similar style using the black line again to chop the top section from the bottom, This menu was souly for tequila.

I kept the same aesthetics by putting the green triangle line with the black line.
I finally added a skull to this menu this helped remove some of the negative space.
 Menu 3

Menu 3 is my tapas menu . This menu adds to my concept about day of the dead as the food i serve at my restaurant is food they serve at day of the dead offering.


I added skulls again to represent the hotness of the food.
Using the same dividers i split my menu up making sure i added in my logo and the hotness skulls signifiers.
Menu 4

For the last menu i added in more food than the other one because this menu features snacks and dips also sides.


 Poster:

For my poster i added my branding and changed the location from trinity to granary wharf. I didn't want my restaurant to be to commercial.




Poster:

Coaster:

I didn't want to create a table mat because not many restaurants I've recently been to have table mats anymore so i decided i would make a coaster that would be used at the bar. Which is simply my logo.

Pattern Design:

I wanted to make food wrapping so i decided to make a repeat pattern using one of the first flowers i had designed the same flower used from the skull and the skull i didn't want to over crowd the pattern with to many shapes.

I made the pattern on illustrator:

New Pattern - grid




Flags:

I decided to make small flags putting the hotness of the food on them, i printed a few different sizes and made prototypes before i printed my final piece.

Business & Loyalty Cards:

I shared out two pages of 8 to use for my business cards & loyalty cards.


Business card:

Front:

Back:
Loyalty card:

Front:
Back:
I printed these two double sided.


The last thing i printed was a sheet of stickers with my letter A on for my accessories i am really pleased with my designs and i will print onto antique white to achieve a western look.

No comments:

Post a Comment