Thursday 19 December 2013

Binding Print Pack

BINDING

I have five booklets for my final product so i decided to bind them with a pamphlet stitch. I have already done the ordinary pamphlet stitch with a previous publication so i decided to do double pamphlet stitch on each publication where theres a stitch at the top and the bottom like this example.

I began by cutting out my individual pages for my five publications. Using a scalpel and a ruler i cut along the crop marks.

I then used the bone folder to crease the centre of the pages neatly.



I folded my booklets neatly pages in pages so i didn't get confuse or mix pages up.
My five booklets without covers..

To make the covers i will use water colour paper as its thick and the same stock i used for my packaging so i wanted to keep the consistency.
I measured the width of the book cover against the other pages that were inside the booklet but added a little extra room because when i was to fold the booklet with the cover the cover would become shorter.
Five booklet covers with the five booklets
To pierce the holes to thread i used a cardboard device to hold the booklet in place this made it easier to make the holes.
I made three at one end and three at the other end making sure i left enough space so when i trimmed it there was still a cm & a half left.

It was really easy to make the holes using a needle attached to small wooden handle the device was really useful.
To begin threading the booklet i put the thread through the middle circle in the middle of the book then back through from the outside into the left hand side hole..

 Then across into the right hand side hole outside and back through the centre.
I knotted the thread after pulling it tight and then trimmed the thread.

These are the five publications with the covers attached.
Inside pages:
Im really pleased with the binding technique i used it was simple and holds the pages together well.


No comments:

Post a Comment