Sunday 22 December 2013

Studio Brief 3 - Concept

CONCEPT 

For design for print & web i chosen mutton quad brief and decided i would use the word apex as it was a typographic restaurant so i felt it would be appropriate. 



I knew Apex meant the highest point so i would have my restaurant on a corner. To represent a point. 
I decided having a Mexican restaurant as i love Mexican food and i felt it would be a challenge. My restaurant is a tapas restaurant so i decided to add a line across the letter A for apex to represent a tapas stand with 3 tiers.


I also have named my restaurant 'Apex Mexican tapas house' a house with a point also ties in with my theme and i will focus my logo on this style. 

FINAL DECISIONS 


After my concept decisions i made further decisions to link my concept together properly.

DAY OF THE DEAD THEME: 

As i am doing a Mexican tapas restaurant i have decided to re-create some symbols of my own that represent day of the dead theme. I think day of the dead is a huge festival in Mexican and should be enforced through my restaurant this is also a strong signifier of the style of restaurant i have incase people were confused. It needs to make sense.

COLOUR CHOICE: 

I didn't want to go with the typical Mexican flag colours i experimented a lot with different colours and once i tried the actual flag colours it looked so much better some times you need to do the cliche for it work and inform. I chose to use red for my letter A for apex as red makes people feel hungry!

STOCK CHOICE: I have chosen antique white stock to print my work onto i feel this has a western Mexican feel behind it , its also the colours of sugar skulls carrying on the day of the dead theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment