Friday 27 December 2013

Lets sign together - Boards/Evaluation

SUBMISSION BOARDS - LETS SIGN TOGETHER



Client Feedback-


EVALUATION

When i was contacted by a by Susan Eastwood to do some branding for her business i was slightly worried as i began researching into existing sign language companies i wasn't inspired by anything as it was all very playful and not very aesthetically pleasing. Luckily the client knew what she wanted and giving me the variables and mandatories Eg. the colour choices and that she wanted something very minimal designing it began easier. 

It helped me execute the brief by first coming up with a name then straight onto designing the logo.Once the logo was finalised it became easier to take the branding further by using the information given and designing around that. I found it easy to develop the logo once i had designed the the hands making the heart shape. I found that style of minimal design only needed simple type placed around it to make it a strong enough logo.


I really enjoyed designing the logo and the business cards and once i had mocked them up on existing business cards i could see how the design looked and i was really pleased. I use monochrome a lot and the fact the client wanted to use the colour teal as the third colour made it more straight forward for me.


The biggest problem i faced was trying to think of a way to incorporate sign language into an actual logo but i think it executed well in a simple and efficient way. Until i had put the text round the hand shape in a rounded path i couldn't see the logo working but with a bit of persistence and development it came out how i wanted.

I think i found it hard to do this brief at first as I've never designed anything for this specific style of business before but I'm really glad i managed to design something informative yet professional and aesthetically pleasing in a short space of time.

My favourite part of this brief was actually receiving my client feedback and hearing how happy Susan Eastwood was with my work it made me realise how well i am progressing from first year as i feel i would never of been able to do this type of brief a year ago. I would love to do a similar brief to this again that is challenging but rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment