Friday 20 December 2013

Finishing touches - Print Pack

FINISHING TOUCHES

Belly bands & Booklets:

For part of my print pack i had belly bands to attach to my booklets and vinyl. I first began by sticking the vinyl to my booklet but to make sure i the right width i placed my belly band over the top so that i could work out where i wanted it. It was a bit risky but i didn't want to draw pencil onto my front cover as it was off white.


The first booklet was successful so i simply used the same method.


To secure my belly bands to my booklets i didn't want to bend them around the edges and risk creasing my stock. so i decided to make 3mm scores and create a little slot for the corner of the booklets.
Im really happy with how they turned out they work well as a set.
Im glad i chose the typeface i did and the matt black vinyl works really well with the bright orange stock.

I rested them all together in a pile so they would secure and stay nice and flat and neat.



Print box:

For the box to put my booklets in i just needed to cut out the net and ensemble it. I first began by using the scalpel being precise cutting it out carefully and using a ruler and cutting mat.

I used a bone folder to fold down along the creases making it really neat and crisp.
My net after being scored.

My net before being glued.
Sticking the vinyl on my net/box:

First i cut out a square around the vinyl for my text to go onto my box.



Next i peeled off the access apart from my letters.
Then using a scalpel i picked out the centre of my letters.
 Next i laid masking tape over the text and rubbed the masking tape so it picked up my text i then placed it on top of my box so everything was attached.



I rubbed over the letters and peeled back the masking tape leaving the text on my box. Im really happy with this method and it worked really well.





No comments:

Post a Comment