Tuesday 10 December 2013

Final Web Crit

FINAL WEB CRIT

For my final web crit we placed our work and our design boards on to the table and left as the other group left us feedback about what we might improve about our website and what we can change.

My Questions were:
  • Do you think i have enough content?
  • Do my colours work? Is it to plain
  • What could i possibly add?
I received 6 pieces of feedback for my questions:


1
-Yes maybe add a description of the concept not the information roll over images but the clean layout really works for the site.
-No i don't think its too plain the site allows the album artwork to be featured so the minimal aesthetic is functional
-As said before some text explaining the concept of the album artwork could be really useful.

2
-Enlarge images?
-Looks very slick just needs more content
-Why is there a packaging section?
-Audience?

3
-Unless you plan on adding a lot more images then you may need to have a reason as to why this i narrowed down - some content/external links
-Neutral background works well with the images being more vibrant , navigation on home page is interesting.
-More contextual information on chosen albums why are they there?

4
-I think more information could be added about the album artwork such as a date/ a designer?
- The colours are well chosen as they are almost lost and therefore do not detract from the images themselves
-I think more experimentation could be done with the homepage.
-Have the design look like a record with the information on the label.
-More creative.
-I would like to be able to see the album artwork & The information at the same time.

5
-I think on the album geometric pages more info could be added as you do have space & at moment is not informative.
-I like the colour of background you need something plain to be able to have the artwork which will be in different colours well . I maybe make logo more detailed to head at the page.
- At the moment i am not to sure why the links packaging is there but thats probably do to me not understanding the audience is not clear although i am guessing its for music enthusiasts interested also in album covers.
- I think you could add info such as albums down the years maybe like how albums have progressed & changed throughout the singers career? Or maybe just more info about the albums. I would propose to show when you clock on it then it would link a page with albums info next to each other.

6
-I think if you are displaying an archive of album art work then it needs to be extensive but this could just be a proposed idea.
-I like the colours and logo and i think the background image works well as a texture
-To add i think you need some info about each of of the albums.

Main points i got back from the crit:
  • I needed to add more content
  • Explain the sections
  • Possibly have the info about the album next to it.
I think my website will have more content when its finished i could possibly add more information about each section i will consider that when i have finished coding.

Some of the feedback wasn't really relevant but I'm really pleased i got 6 pieces of feedback there was a variety of answers and some things were similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment