Tuesday 26 November 2013

Interim Web Crit

INTERIM WEB CRIT

We were asked to bring thumbnails , scamps , wire frames and possible codes with us for the design for our website. We were also asked to bring visuals to explain our concept and see where we are. I decided to also bring with me digital mock ups of my website & What i have proposed so far to gain feedback.



We were split into groups for our web crits i was in group 3 in the afternoon and we had our interim crit with Phil & Lorraine.

I unfortunately for the crit had not yet produced the wire frame as i am still a little unsure about how to produce one and i want to make sure the measurements are correct so the layout works and is appropriate.

We were all advised to:

- Consider audience

- Tone of voice

- Grids

Feedback i received :
  • Create a enlarged image option
  • Have a scrolling across layout
  • Keep the aesthetics of a simple layout
  • Add a search bar option
  • Possibly add a photography section
  • Why ? will people view my website
  • How ? might it be accessed and used
  • Function ? Spend a full day on web
After looking at everyones work throughout the crit i then asked some final questions to help me -
  • After looking at everyone's work i realised people have a lot of content do i need to include that much or is my content amount appropriate (more visual)?
No my content amount is fine its appropriate i don't need lots of information.
  • Should my website have a logo or branding?
No because my website is a resource and doesn't need branding its an online archive.
  • How might i add more information without over loading it with content?
Possibly have a featured artist of the month showcasing there work?
Maybe a directory an A-Z of artists used on the archive?

By the final crit i should have digital working website to show.

Aims:

-Create a plan
-Get creating my wire frame 
-Begin Coding

I found this crit really useful and i realise i really need to begin coding so i can then step back and have a look at it and change anything that might need adjusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment