Saturday 30 November 2013

Grids for Print Pack

GRIDS FOR PRINT PACK:

Before i could start designing and setting up grids i needed to decide what paper format i was going to use i first decided i was going to do use A5 which measurement consists of 210 x 148 mm. I decided i didn't want my print books to be as long as A5 so i decided to create my own paper size -180mm x 18mm keeping the same width but adjusting the height.
My first grid i created was 4 rows by 3 columns i thought this would be perfect as i am executing design with columns and with info graphics so it will balance everything really well.
I thought it would be beneficial to drop my first page text into the grid just to see how well it worked. It didn't really fit that well and there was a lot of negative space at the top.
I decided to create another grid that displayed 5 rows by 4 columns adding an extra grid marking to each size.
Turns out the new grid worked a lot better than the first one fitting everything in accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment