Thursday 21 November 2013

Design for print - Idea Developed

IDEA DEVELOPED

I was a little confused about my idea and how i was going to come up with enough content for all five sections i wanted to create so i rewrote out the sub categories so it was a little more clear.



THE FIVE FUNDEMENTALS FOR PRINT

P - Preparation

- What is print?
- Preparation for printing
- Planning
- Colour Theory

R - Resources

- College Resources & Digital Dungeon
- Useful Websites
- Library Stock + Books
- Printing places around leeds

I - Information on Processes 

- Screen printing
-Foiling
-Laser cut

N- Numbers

-Printing Costs
-Grids & Layouts
-Image Resolution

This next section i was struggling with the most was the Tips & Tricks section i couldn't think of enough sub categories but after talking to some friends from the course time management was a suggestion that was mentioned this is a vital part of any design so i will definitely include it in my print book.

T - Tips & Tricks

-Tips
-Trial & Error (appropriate stock)
-Time to execute the certain processes
-Time Management

MAKING IT

Envelope -

The content for the print pack will be placed inside of an envelope or a belly band i first decided that i was going to execute the content in a proper envelope because i want the whole print pack to be proposed as kind of a gift that needs to be opened. ' A secret to printing' I think i will be able to to do that from the actually packaging.

Ive decided on having a number in the corner of each envelope i will execute this idea by either foiling or using a sticker.


My initial idea - How is it going to be presented?

I really want to go with a perforated style for the main packaging i will create a thin box that will hold of my publications together i will laser cut this on the laser cutter using the engrave tool i will book laser cut slots and practice prototypes before my final piece.  I will also consider screen printing the inside of the box with fluorescent ink so when its ripped there is colour on the other side not just white stock.


I want the individual print booklets to be inside envelopes inside of the box.
I think this type of envelope will be more appropriate with the thumb space to pull out the content.
I really like he idea of having stickers to go along with the rest of my publication possibly to represent the #'s
WHAT I WILL INITIALLY PRINTING 

I thought it would be a good idea to get down in a list what i will be needing to print in order to keep myself organised and on track.

  • 5 Small booklets or pull out poster
  • 5 Envelopes for the booklets or poster
  • 5 Belly bands
  • 1 Large perforated box for the packaging
What else will i do to finish off my final pieces?


I will digitally print the booklets and packaging

I will use fluorescent stock to create my belly bands and laser cut them

I will use the laser cutter to perforate my packaging

I will also foil black numbers on to my booklets and my pack using a screen and black foil




No comments:

Post a Comment