Thursday 21 November 2013

Design for print - Stock , Colour & Type

STOCK , COLOUR & TYPE

I looked on the lost type website to try and find a typeface for my body copy and headers

For my Header typeface i chose BIG NOODLE TYPE i really like this typeface . When picking my typeface i also had to consider what the numbers were going to look like as i am having numbers on the front of my booklets.

I will use this typeface for the title on the front of the pack and for the headers on the pages.

For my body copy i originally picked Dolce Vita. But after my crit it was brought to my attention that the body copy wasn't very legible and that due to some of the letters being on a slant it wasn't very easy to read quickly and i needed to consider something new.

After a long search i managed to find a typeface that is perfect for body copy called APERCU.
I will use this for most of my text including the little page tabs.


I really wanted to use fluorescent stock and i had the colour orange in mind. So i began to look on design seeds and found some really nice colour pallets.


The colours i have chosen to use are orange black & off white.
STOCK:

For the stock i haven chosen-

  • Fluorescent orange card for the belly bands.


  • Off white Water colour for the booklet covers & Pack (because the stock is quite sturdy 
  • Cartridge paper for the booklet pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment