Monday 25 November 2013

Design for Web: Colour & Type

DESIGN FOR WEB - AESTHETIC DECISIONS

For my website i needed to decide on which typefaces i would use and which colours i would use.

When designing your webpage in dream weaver there are custom typefaces that are already set for the programme and arial being one of them i felt it was a nice legible typeface and as my website is really minimalist i think it will be the perfect typeface. I will use Arial for the titles & Arial bold for the buttons & information.

TITLES  - Arial 

BUTTONS & INFO - Arial Bold

When it come to choosing the colours for my website i knew i was creating an album archive and that i will have lots of colours and variations for the different album covers i wanted to keep my colours simple.

I first decided i would just have a white background and black text. As i wanted to make it a bit more interesting and not just use monochrome colours i decided to add grey to my colour pallet as its a unisex colour and won't clash with any of my album covers I've chosen for content i felt it is an appropriate colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment