Tuesday 12 November 2013

Designing for print - Beginning my process & planning

BEGINNING MY PROCESSES & PLANNING

 I first began by creating a mind map for the packaging of my print pack as thats the section i am unsure of the most.
Foil the covers
Posters
Stickers
Flocking - What colours are available 
A5 Booklets multiple of 4 pages 8 pages per booklet?

The secret to screen printing
The printing present
The secret 5 fundamentals of print

5 individual booklets - pocket size
5 booklets inside other packaging ?

Tissue paper - how accessible , i want to make the pack as a resource
Present - Attach with sticker
Other options

Consistency 
colour stock
fluorescent
Typefaces


Initial ideas

Ive decided to have 5 booklets with each letter of print for each booklet , i will also create some kind of packaging for them all to go inside of. 
I will create stickers and posters to go with the booklets as a series.
Content - For the content i will have 3 sub sections in each booklet 

P - PREPERATION

  • What is print? 
  • Preparation setting things up for print
  • Preparation - know your colour theory.
R - RESOURCES
  • LCA resources
  • Library stock
  • Print places in leeds ( Digital dungeon)
I - INFORMATION
  • Laser cut
  • Screen printing
  • ?
N - NUMBERS
  • Print costs for certain processes
  • Grids
  • Image Resolution
T - THE END
  • Tips and tricks
  • Trial & Error
  • ?

Format - 

For the production of my booklets i will use In design i wanted to make sure i knew what the multiple it would have to be to get it printed so the pages would face properly.

I know two pages wouldn't be enough. Although i will produce the cover separately.
I then mocked up a template for 2 double pages and a front and back cover.
I finally realised that 8 pages in total with 3 double pages will be the perfect amount. I will consider how much information i use in the booklets and i may have to alter the amount of pages.
I think envelope design to package my booklets would be appropriate. As i think I'm going to create my pack with the concept of the information being a secret to print.

Sketches - 

No comments:

Post a Comment