Monday 19 May 2014

Summative Evaluation

SUMMATIVE EVALUATION

I enjoyed the 505 module , especially studio brief 2. I felt the whole module was a lot more self directed than any of the other modules and it really put me in a good stead for the third year. Throughout the module it was important that i made sure i made the right design and general decisions as time wasn't as good as past modules because we had so much other work running along side. It was important for me to manage my time.

With studio brief 1 i feel as though my research really informed my final publication and the design choices that i made. I made sure i included informed design decisions throughout boards and my final work. The geometry publication was definitely one of the best pieces of work i produced after careful planning and experimentation the final piece turned out exactly how i wanted. I wouldn't of been able to see the final result until the relevant experimentation had been done , studio brief 1 is a perfect example for me of how beneficial prototypes are.

Studio brief 2 was one of the most challenging briefs i have done i had to photograph every artists name plus vinyl and the titling. I thought it was going to be a lot more straight forward than it actually was it really tested my patience at some points when the lighting wouldn't work and after one of my letters snapped i nearly gave up but i needed to take a step back and take into consideration what i could achieve in the time available. Deciding to rephotograph my work was the most beneficial thing i could of done as i achieved a lot better quality images that perviously. 

The module as a whole was stressful as i tried new things but i felt i had learnt from a lot of variables throughout and theres definitely things i will change and expand on in the third year. I feel really confident in the sense i  know i am at a good level to progress on into the third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment