Friday 9 May 2014

Packaging - Research Book

PACKAGING - RESEARCH BOOK

For the packaging for my 16 page publication i decided to create some kind of folded envelope that would package my publication in a secure but simple way.

From my initial ideas i decided to start my envelope with my first idea. The Blue Print design.

Design-

Possibly stocks i could print on ..

Thin off white paper
Antique White
Parcel Paper-

After looking at the stock i had chosen i decided that the blue ink wouldn't work that well also reflecting back to my blue print research my envelope didn't actually resemble the blue print theme. I realised that blue print is mainly used for actual icons or designs which include measurements just measurements.

I decided to take a step back and reflect on my actual publication and what it was that i was producing and how the packaging would reflect it. As i was creating a maths work/text book it seemed that producing it in a simplistic envelope with a retro theme and minimal text would work really well.

Design - 

INSIDE
 FRONT COVER

Text : 'GEOMETRY DESIGN' VOLUME 1



Prototypes- 

Sugar Paper stock:

 Antique white -


Parcel Paper-

After testing my publication colour against the parcel paper i knew thats the stock i wanted to use so i began making the envelope using the net i had printed i printed two just be on the safe side.

When i began cutting the envelope i realised that the flap i had put on to the envelope was on the wrong side.


 Luckily i had an extra net so i cut off the flap on the other publication and made a flap on the right hand page.



 Before sticking together-
Final product - 

I am really happy with my final packaging i am glad that i produced prototypes my envelope reflects my publication and was the appropriate solution for my product.



No comments:

Post a Comment