Saturday 10 May 2014

Designing the promotional pack

DESIGNING THE PROMOTIONAL PACK

To begin designing the promotional pack i considered the collateral that would be available at a gift shop in an exhibition.To start i used the branding designed to apply across the different products/items.

POSTER

For the first poster i wanted to make the pattern large and fill most of paper to keep it with the minimal aesthetics.
I placed the date underneath the pattern. I next added the Tate logo to my design as the exhibition will be held in that venue. I felt it was slightly bear so i added in the title of the exhibition.


Second Poster-

For the second poster i wanted to simply focus on the date as this poster would be used in areas were creatives would see it , having the date large and the tate logo will make people be curious and want to find out more about it.
A5 POSTER-

I used the colour choices minus the blue .. and created lower opacities of the colours to create a light grey shade for the back of my poster:
Artists name:
Adding the pattern and the date made the poster more interesting yet the over all feel is till minimal.

I will print these two posters double sided with this pattern on the back:
A5 poster-



TICKET

For the ticket i didn't want to put the pattern all over the ticket as it would be to much and the text would become illegible.

Date and title - 
I added a barcode so the ticket would get scanned when entering.
Adding the same colour as the grey a5 poster-
Tate Adress:

These are three variations one for each type of admission:

GENRAL ADMISSION
STUDENT
PROFESSIONALS.



POSTCARD

I felt creating a small postcard would be a good idea as i could have the pattern full bleed on the back.



BOOKMARK

As i wanted to think of more things i could design that would by from a gift shop i remembered you could buy bookmarks from the tate so i decided to design my own.

All slightly different with the date on one , artists on one and the title of the exhibition on the last bookmark.




I printed them all double sided with this pattern on the back.



MAIL SHOT

This mail shot was my favourite thing i designed i used an a6 piece of paper next to each other and put the date on one side and the titling and address on the other. I have designed some envelopes will fit around the mail shot and the mini programme.




On the back of the mail shot i placed the pattern so when the mail shot is folded in half the pattern will be able to be seen through the envelope.


BOOKLET

IMAGES SELECTED FOR BOOKLET -




I kept the front cover simple using the pattern throughout the branding and using the tate logo on the top of the page.

I added the pattern festival programme to the bottom.

The contents page simply lists the artists and there section they are in.

I decided to keep all the imagery aligned to the outside page and the section central at the bottom.
A brief bio about the artist-
I repeated the same aesthetics for the other page but the aligned the opposite side.


First double page spread-


MAP
For the middle of the booklet i designed a mini map with had all the colours on I've used and the name of the section .
Added the tate logo and the pattern festival-




I next added the colour code for the artists to match the hexagons on the map.



Phil frost and Jonathan runic double page spread-



I Decided i preferred the other double page spread and altered this one so it was the same.


Final double page spread (Phil Frost & Jonathan Runico)


Final double page spread-
On the back cover i simple added the tate website with the link to the pattern festival.




No comments:

Post a Comment