Friday 28 February 2014

The Body Shop Evaluation

ENDING THE BODY SHOP BRIEF.

Today i went and spoke with Fred and discussed how i wasn't happy with my progression made throughout my Body Shop brief. I feel as though i am going round in circles and i haven't been able to achieve the outcomes i had wanted.I originally chose to do the body shop brief as one of the first briefs i had picked. I decided to choose it as i wanted to gain more knowledge about the brand and come up with new innovative ways i could execute making promotional posters for the brand.

When beginning designing for the posters i kept coming up with ideas and just experimenting with different options from using photography to then simple designs using only type nothing i was trying seemed to be answering the brief or make me feel like i was achieving anything as i felt my design was poor. I think i made the mistake of choosing this specific brief simply because it was a cosmetic brand. When i began reading more into the brief realised how it wasn't for me and this taught me that i should always read throughout a variety of brief before just choosing one.

I tried three different methods for the design solution for this brief. I felt deflated and stressed that i couldn't come up with an appropriate resolution for the brief. I think the main reason i struggled was because i was working on the Asos brief as well when it came around to begin collaborative i was trying to balance three D&AD briefs at once among around another 5 or 6 briefs. I defiantly underestimated the depth and amount of work that needs to go into a d&ad brief to give it a strong resolution.

I felt disappointed in my self when asking if it i could leave the body shop brief as no resolution was working how i imagined and how i felt i was wasting my time and it could of been used better else where but at the same time I'm glad i made that initiative to end the brief as it gave me more time to focus on my other work and i ended up producing a resolution at a very high standard for the Asos D&AD brief.

Ive learnt of next year to consider my briefs thoroughly before selecting them also if i am struggling with a concept to manage my work load better and spend more time on different briefs to make sure i achieve what i originally wanted to. I have also learnt what style briefs suit me and what I'm interested in and what I'm not. Overall I'm disappointed i didnt finish the brief but as it benefited other areas to the module I'm glad i made that decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment