Wednesday 26 February 2014

Points to consider

POINTS TO CONSIDER

THE KIND OF FEEDBACK I RECEIVED-


In our crit i received a mixture of feedback. I was pleased i received a lot of strengths about my concept especially my idea for packaging. I was also left feedback that my idea to use tru grain throughout my publication was a good idea and the grid system would work well.

For my areas of improvement pagination was suggested. Considerations consisted of my binding choice , layouts , negative space and to consider how i will address this concept on to the next brief.

Overall with i properly received more positive feedback than anything negative everything was useful and i will act upon my feedback.

WHAT I WILL DO NEXT ( BIGGEST FOCUS)-

Defiantly from my crit my biggest point i took away was to consider my binding choice. I will research into different types of binding to find the most appropriate style. Although it wasn't mentioned in my crit i came to my attention that i should step out of my comfort zone with the packaging and give screen printing another go! i will begin to start experimentation so over the next 2.5 weeks i can make the best use of my time and come up with some really nice outcomes.

MY CHAT WITH LORRAINE-

I spoke to Lorraine today in the crit i was concerned that my publication wouldn't be able to have the tru grain featured with in it as exceeded the 16 page limit. Lorraine explained to me i that the brief required us to create a publication that had 16 pages of content so if my tru grain against my page makes the full content it was aloud. I felt much better after clearing that up as i wouldn't want to carry on with the brief and end up later having to change something this would interfere with all my design decisions and i wouldn't want to fall behind. 

Another point I discussed with Lorraine was how i would be able to convert my publication into the next brief. I had told her how i wanted to design my own branding and patter design company she went through my contents list and told me possible elements how i would be able to relate the two briefs and made it much more clear for me i think sometimes i need to not doubt what is being asked and create problems for my self but solutions. Lorraine also mentioned she remembers me thinking about using  'Fractals'  in a previous brief and told me to make sure i don't have this topic as an underlining research point through briefs i understood what she said as i want my full workload and collateral from the whole of second year to have a lot of variation and wouldn't want to be repeating myself at any stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment