Wednesday 26 February 2014

Monotype - Digital Mockups

MONOTYPE - DIGITAL MOCKUPS

I decided to create some digital mockups for mine and Beth's crit on the thursday i chose to start working on digital mockups because beth was attempting to begin on the cover and still working around with typefaces.

Designs:

The big issues layouts are quite similar and they don't really experiment with its layouts so me and Beth decided it would be beneficial to make ours different.

Using a serif font and a brush font i experimented with already existing content to design mockups. 
Using a story about the leeds marathon i decided to make the image large and have text down the right hand side.
Using the brush typeface for leeds pride.

 I tried putting both the content onto one double spread as i felt there was a lot of negative space.
I also tried designing with a black background but felt it looked to much.

I began being more creative with my mockups and decided to experiment cropping sections of the images and placing them next to each other so the image was still viewable.

With grid-

With brush typeface-
For this specific mockup i began by splitting ip a large image which also worked as one image with a break in it. I placed the text in 3 columns one big and two small. 

I also found a story on the big issue website about David bowie and designed a minimal layout.
It was a good idea to practice layouts and mockups because when we come to designing our actual big issue supplement we need to know what works and what doesn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment