Sunday 16 February 2014

Responsive - Christening Invitation Design

CHRISTENING INVITATION DESIGN

Before i can begin designing i decided to look at a few different colour variations on design seeds so i would be able to get the best variations to fit the clients requests.



TYPEFACES

I next looked at some typefaces and selected a few to start beginning variations with.





CONTENT NEEDED:

I Contacted the client and asked her to give me the following she emailed me back with all the content needed i can begin designing.

Main colours-ivory and silver
style-simplistic
size-postcard
font- Script font
church -st josephs church marton road 12pm 
party- The buffs 
oliver louie william bell
rsvp 07836652630
date 25th of may 2014

DESIGNS:

I Began by simply placing text over invitations trying different variations.








ADDING COLOUR

I added colour to the invitations using ivory and silver as this is what the client had asked for. 
This was my favourite typeface i used i felt it looked like boys invitation and less like a wedding invitation. 




FIRST FINAL -

This was the first final i showed the client i really like this invitation and was pleased with the resolution. I constantly sent variations along the way but this was my final and i emailed her it.


My client didn't like the invitation and wanted it more contemporary and traditional using a script typeface.


I shortly after designed more invitations and styles i emailed her she emailed me back suggesting i added a cross she really wanted one and she wanted a script typeface i suggested it looked slightly like a wedding invitation and she should maybe have a serif font in there as well. She disagreed so i carried on designing.

Final four variations-






She liked the second one and we decided that was the final she was really pleased i sent her over the files and she's now had the invitation printed.

FINAL-



No comments:

Post a Comment