Wednesday 30 October 2013

Web session 3 & Task 5

WEB SESSION 3

PART 1  - we were asked to list the information(content - initial research from previous session) you think you should be incorporated on the website you wish to design, although it will highlight similarities and gaps of knowledge.

FIRST MIND MAP

For my first mind map  i looked at album art work this is my main focus to go down.

For my sub categories i  looked at 
  • Famous album artwork
  • History
  • Peter Saville factory records
  • Leif Podjasky
I then thought of sub categories for these pages - 

  • Famous album artwork - why were these so iconic?
  • History - Rejected artwork , The first album artwork
  • Peter Saville Factory Records - Album Artwork , Imagery
  • Leif Podjasky - Album artwork , History


Problems i will face - 

  • Will this portray my design skills enough?
  • Will this be to broad?
  • Pages relevant to one an other?
SECOND MIND MAP


The next mind map i decided to branch off on was Art work Design - 

The pages i would have would have are :
  • About
  • General album artwork design
  • Typography album art 
  • Resources
  • Geometric based album art
  • Photo Manipulation
I then thought of sub categories for these pages - 

Resources - Graphic design album artwork , My own design





Problems i faced:
  • Is this idea going to be more appropriate?
  • Will this be more beneficial to my practice?


 PART 2 - The next section of the lesson we were asked  to draw out your websites homepage , based on the lists above.

This first design i come up with was to have a record player in the middle of the page and have images as links on the right hand side and maybe a large banner down one side of the page. 
I like the idea of having the record player in the middle and having the navigation surrounding it and been able to click on different pages from sound waves.

The only problem with this idea is that i don't think the page would be to accessible and I've learnt over the past few sessions how important accessibility is.

The second design i came up with is having the album art work feature in the middle of the page and the centre and having a large banner at the top with either text or an image there. The navigation bar will run through the middle underneath the banner.

I prefer the aesthetics of this website and the navigation bar is more accessible but I'm still unsure if this what i would want to be my final design so i will keep drawing up scamps and initial ideas to get the best possible outcome.

We lastly gave feedback to our peers -


This is the feedback i received was :- 
  • Simplistic/Minimalist layout will keep structure when looking at different styles which will be useful to the audience!
  • Text underneath image is also good idea incase of loading times
  • I like the idea of keeping the record on every page , keeps consistency throughout the site
  • Like the use of the album artwork images links.
  • Maybe think about buttons or some better separation for navigation if that is how you are going to have it.
- I will respond to his feedback by trying the suggested points and keeping what is succesful

I felt this session was useful because it really helped me to decide between which route i was going to take the album art concept down i will carry on developing my idea along side researching this is the best way to help create the most efficient body of research and development .

No comments:

Post a Comment