Monday 28 October 2013

Design for WEB - 3 Scamps

DESIGNING FOR WEB 

SCAMPS

In our web session with Simon we talked about scamps , Scamps are mock ups of websites you create before you create the real thing , we were told that scamps are essential when designing because its important to create mock ups before you start designing a website it utilizes your time better and you will gain bigger range of ideas.

Scamps are really good to do when you are creating work for a client because that way if they want to make some adjustments to there idea you don't have to redesign a web page you can just draw up a fresh mock up.

I am still a little unsure of which direction i definitely want to go down for my website but i have 3 main points and areas of focus so i created a scamp for each i also made a quick digital mock up so they were easier to understand on my blog.

GEOMETRY
My first area of focus - Geometry , For my summer Brief i chose Leif Podjasky he is an Australian Graphic Designer a lot of his work is really psychedelic in another session we made mind maps and narrowed our topics down and i found there's a lot of symmetry in psychedelic patterns which brought me to geometry and geometric shapes. 
I really feel as though geometry would be a good topic to do as a website because it fits in with my design aesthetics eg. having a minimal design. As a graphic design studio i think geometric shapes come into a lot of design work so creating a website for students as a resource would be interesting. 

My categories(pages) consist of :  Geometric influence , Studios , Print based geometric design & Art colleges & university's, These things are just a first thought and i will develop further. 

I also thought that having print based design show cased on my website would tie in with my print book brief.

If i push this idea forward i would take inspiration from this piece of design. This is the style i would like my website to look like.


Digital Mock up :

OPTICAL ILLUSION:

The second area i looked at was optical illusion this led on from geometric shapes and kaleidoscopic, I think this topic would be also fitting for my design aesthetic , i would use create minimal design and monochrome colour's. 

I found this image whilst researching on designspiration this would be something really similar to what i would create for my home page image for this idea.

I would have a large optical illusion down the left hand side and other moving images or text running down the right hand side. It thinking having page tabs at the bottom would be different and unique for my website. 

My categories (pages) are : Information about , history , resources & geometry.
Digital Mockup:
PSYCHEDELIA & ALBUM ARTWORK

The last thing i looked at was what i had originally done for my one of my topics for my summer brief which was album art. I love how Leif Podjaksy who i researched for my focussed research incorporated psychedelia into his designs. I thought about creating a website which featured a range of album art.
I like how some websites have a central view i think maybe if i wanted something psychedelic and colourful i wouldn't want it to fill the full screen as sometimes it might seem to much. My categories(pages) consist of :  Resources , album art , design , Leif Podjaksy (featured artist).

When people first think of psychedelia, they think of the 70's and music. I don't like that kind of design and it wouldn't be appropriate for the aesthetics of my website . I would want the content on my website to feature symmetry , and design work like this image - 



Digital Mockup:
I found this exercise useful as i helped me define my ideas better somethings look different in your head to on paper. I will make more scamps throughout this brief to help me decided what worked best for my website.
I want the answers for the questions - , What is the point? , What is the purpose? , Who is the audience?  to be clear and obvious to the viewer. This will help my website to be successful and widely viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment