Thursday 8 November 2012

Message & Delivery posters- HOW I DID IT OUGD403


Message&Delivery
Brief: Produce designs for a set of three high impact posters that deliver a personal identfied message delivers from your research into part one of this brief. The three posters should work as a set or series and be visually consistent.The first must be producded solely using type, the second solely with image and the third combination of both type and image.

Mandatory Requirements / Deliverables:
Each poster should be supported by comprehensive visual research into frame format and composition and content. You are restricted to the use of two colours plus stock.Three posters 2:1 format presented at A3 scale.

Before creating the posters we had to choose a story from a newspaper. I chose the Adele scandal where the singer was abused via twitter and sent awful threats. After further research i wanted to go down the route of bullying. 

I began going searching existing posters and found that there wasn't much i could relate to for my subject. I love using monochrome and found that would best suit my posters along with red to give the impression of danger (bully).

Before we started our posters we had to create 20 initial ideas for each poster 20 for type , type&image and image.




These initial ideas helped to to come up with our final idea. For our A3 2:1 posters.


The first poster i created was the type poster:-

I found a typewriter font off the internet which i found appropriate. I wanted the text to say ' PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE' as i felt it had impact.






I traced the type and ungrouped it in illustrator i aligned the type along the left hand side of the poster. I wanted then to be aligned down the left because i wanted it to be different from other posters and i find it more visually aesthetic.I also changed the last three words to red for impact.

 After looking at my first poster for a short vile i decided it wasn't working for me and it didn't look how i wanted it to . I decide to try the reverse of the font i had traced and use the cropped box and the missing text as a template and place it on top of the black background i found that this was the best option.I wanted to incorporate ransom note letters to give the impression of bullying. I didn't want it to look to obvious so i kept the letters joined up i think it works really well. I placed a red line across the top of the poster which i will place on each poster this well help to unite them.
The second poster i created was the image poster:-

I created a stickman and decided on the colour red to emphasise a bully and anger i made the stickman really large and brought to the front , i wanted to have the stickman bleeding off the page , just because i didn't want it to be central and obvious.


I positioned the smaller stickman who i was trying to create as the person who is being bullied, to the right hand side and really small , almost as though the stickman was further back and scared. Although this poster is so simple i think it works and gets the point across it shows a bully and a victim.


The last poster i created was the type & image:-



For this poster i wanted to have some information for people to understand more about the subject at hand and some real facts. I chose the statistic of '1 in 3 in  young people have experience cyber threats online' I think that its quite a lot -1 in 3 so i felt it was appropriate. I used the same font as i did for the first poster but i used the inverse of the trace instead of the outside. Even though its different you can still tell its the same font. 

I wanted to incorporate size in this poster because i had used a size theme to the other to posters but i found it really hard to put type with an image. I wanted to have a fact on the poster and i couldn't find a size related statistic. So i decide to use stick men to represent the ratio for the statistic itself.


I was really pleased with the poster although it doesn't show size. It shows a fact image and type all my posters work as a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment