Thursday 6 December 2012

Photoshop Postcards OUGD405

Photoshop brief

For this brief we got given a shape that we had to photograph around LCA my shape i got given was circle. I started round the university corridors then i looked in the cateen and student union ect. here are my images i took.




After choosing my favourite image i thought i would reuse the same image repeatedly to create a set of 5 A5 postcards that worked as a set. The image i chose was quite a quirky poster i seen in one of the corridors of a large red distorted circle.

My photoshop rendered postcards-


1- 
My first postcard was the most simple using the circle image, Next i found a gradient image of light and used that as my background i tried numerous filters until i got this greeny blue pattern affect.


2-
 I used the same gradient background to create my next postcard i used the brightness and contrast to achieve the dull greyness of this image. Then using the large red circle i played around with the filters and then decided to duplicate my circle and repeat it 3x4 i used the hue and saturation to create this pinky yellow effect on the circles i then added them to the background. I didn't feel as though it looked right so removed the hue and saturation which gave me my final result!


3-


 Using the image i decided i wanted to make another postcard that was quite simple , as i loved the first greeny blue one i created. To make this one i repeated the circle and dragged it over the corner of the image and placed it. I used the soft light filter to make the circle look faded and slightly distorted. I next repeated the process and dragged a smaller circle in the bottom left corner this time using the dissolve filter. Its a really simple affect but i think it works well.


4-
For my 4th postcard i used experimented with the colour swatches to create a greeny and pink pattern. I expanded the circle and dragged it to the right hand side. I cropped the circle and placed it on the right hand side of the green circle and used the transform tool to make it slightly smaller. I selected the liner dodge filter to get this almost see through effect on the white circle.

 I next added the same cropped circle to the the middle of the image (with the previous cropped circle hidden) and i used the exclusion tool this excluded the colour from the circle that was over lapping the large circle giving it the warm red colour in the middle. I then unhid the previous circle to get my final result. I love this postcard i think the colours contrast well together.


5-

For my final postcard i cropped the circle and expanded it to fill the a5 screen i then dragged the circumfernce off the edges of the paper so you couldn't really tell it was a circle anymore. I then placed on top of the centre the same cropped circle again. I changed the hue a little at first to achieve the brightness in the centre i played around with the hue and saturation and ended up with a blue pink and peachy arrangement of colours.







After looking at my final postcards i decided to edit my second one it doesn't work as well in the set as the rest..


I duplicated the circle again and place the top off the circle on the top of the page and i did this to the bottom of the page too. i wanted the circle to be in the middle at some point of the design like all the other postcards.. I put the background layer on and i selected dissolve to create this misty see through blue effect. Im happy with my final postcard.



My final five postcards....

 
                 

The back of my postcards...









No comments:

Post a Comment