Monday 22 October 2012

weekend task typeface logo in context OUGD403


Typeface for product





For the weekend we were asked to place our typeface as a font for an existing product i chose to do Roc-A-Fella Records. This record label was founded by Shawn ' jay-z' Carter .I think my type face really works with the title of Roc-A-Fella because of the large record disc that makes up the letter 'o' in my type. I am pleased that the original logo is monochrome because  i find my type works the best in black. I decided not having the microphone wire throughout out the letters just for this because i didn't want it to be over the top i wanted it to simple. I also found the microphone wire didn't look very good with the first word as it is split up.
We went around the class looking at everyones logos and type faces together to see if peoples worked and just to get a chance to see what everybody had done.After then stuck all of our logos on the wall as a big group. 






No comments:

Post a Comment